General Manager Recruitment – There were 44 enquiries from which 24 applications were received. Shortlisting is on the 3rd March and interviews will be on the 21st March.
Diner Carriage Restoration
Our grateful thanks go to ELRPS who have donated £35,000 to help restore the recently purchased Riviera coach.
Over the period 2002-to date the Society have donated over £300,000 to assist with important restoration projects which otherwise possibly may not have gone ahead.
Bury Transport Museum
Sarah Kerrison and Gill Johnson presented a 5 year development plan was discussed covering:
· Museum Accreditation
· Access – Improve access for a wider range of visitors.
· Storage – Ensure exhibits storage is documented, secure and practical.
· Education Suite/Café – Improve facilities for visitors and school groups.
· Maintenance & Restoration – Improve Rotation policy, refreshment of displays; relocation from Fernhill and improve workshop facilities.
The Board wholeheartedly agreed to support the application for Museum Accreditation. In addition, the relocation of Bus restoration facilities from Fernhill will be further discussed at a future Board meeting.
Burrs Country Park Station
Stopping with over length trains as part of service scheduled services at Burrs has been a hot topic over recent weeks. Board received a full risk assessment of the operation. The activities risk assessed covered:
· Dining with Distinction
· Children’s Activity Events
The Board were satisfied that all appropriate actions have been identified and put in place to ensure a safe operation. The position will be kept under constant review and formally reviewed at the 2018 Planning meeting later this year.